Anchor Mortgage, LLC CFPB Complaints

Back to Dashboard
2000 Latest Complaints
Date Received Timely Response Product Issue State / Zip Submitted Via Tags
05/23/2018 Yes
  • Mortgage
  • FHA mortgage
  • Applying for a mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage
  • SC
  • 294XX
Web
-- On or before XX/XX/XXXX was contacted by the loan originator after submitting get approval on XXXX about a mortgage loan. -- On XX/XX/XXXX emailed loan originator because she did not contact me as agreed upon. Finally talked to loan originator in detail about the property that I was looking/hoping to purchase and the purchase amount. Loan originator then asked if she could have a realtor she knew ( her aunt ) contact me to possibly work with me. I agreed. After talking with loan originator I was able to send her all the documents she requested at the time. -- On XX/XX/XXXX went to view the home with realtor and wanted to make an offer. -- On XX/XX/XXXX met with realtor to give {$1000.00} ( cashier 's check ) earnest money for home. -- On XX/XX/XXXX received a pre-approval letter from loan originator. -- On XX/XX/XXXX met with realtor and home inspector for inspection which I paid for {$300.00} cash. -- I did fill out an Credit card authorization form to have appraisal done in which I was told that the cost would be between {$400.00} to {$450.00}. On XX/XX/XXXX the appraisal was completed and sent to me via email on XX/XX/XXXX. The amount that was debited from my bank account was not between the range I was told. I was actually charged {$490.00} debited on XX/XX/XXXX. -- On XX/XX/XXXX loan originator sent email to myself and closing coordinator for my realtor that the 1st closing date was scheduled for XX/XX/XXXX. -- Every since the 1st scheduled closing date more documents were requested and sent to loan originator as soon as she asked. -- Eventually son had to be added to loan because I was told that my debit to income ratio was to high to assume mortgage on my own. -- Over the next couple of days son got his requested documents to loan originator and his credit was pulled. It came back that it wasn't high enough for what we needed so it was suggested that he pay down his two credit cards with a total of {$330.00} on XX/XX/XXXX -- On XX/XX/XXXX loan originator paid the two credit cards total {$490.00} out of her pocket for my son 's credit score to get it up to where it needed to be. I found out after talking to several people for advice that this was not proper procedures and she should have never done this. -- Had to wait the next couple of days for payment to be posted and by this time mind you that the 1st closing date was scheduled for XX/XX/XXXX. -- On XX/XX/XXXX loan originator requested more documents from my son which were sent. -- First closing date has come and gone and an extension was requested on XX/XX/XXXX to seller so earnest money wouldn't be lost giving an extension until XX/XX/XXXX. -- During this whole process, loan originator assured and promised me that even though it seems that it was taking a long time she would get the loan closed. i believed her and therefore did not back out before losing my earnest money. -- XX/XX/XXXX has come and gone. Loan originator also informed me that if I was to lose my earnest money during a couple of conversations with myself and my realtor ( her aunt ) that she would replace the {$1000.00} because she would feel bad and would not be able to sleep at night. -- On Friday, XX/XX/XXXX I had to text message realtor stating that the loan originator told me on the previous evening " that she had everything in front of her and that it was approved but unfortunately the CD wouldn't go out today ( XX/XX/XXXX ). -- On XX/XX/XXXX realtor responded back " that she emailed seller 's realtor begging her to hold on until Monday or Tuesday. -- House was put back on the market on XX/XX/XXXX and my earnest money is NOW gone. Open house announced on XX/XX/XXXX for XX/XX/XXXX with a pending sale on XX/XX/XXXX. -- Talked to loan originator on XX/XX/XXXX about reimbursement of monies out-of-pocket that I feel she owes me {$1700.00} to be exact in which she refused she owed, was very rude and screaming, and even used a few profanity words during the conversation. At this point I was very upset and I felt she was very unprofessional. -- Called loan originator on XX/XX/XXXX to discuss reimbursement of all money that I was out of and she did not answer so I did leave a voicemail asking her to give me a call back ( which she did not ) and that she had until Tuesday XX/XX/XXXX to reimburse me my money I felt she owed me or I was going to go a different route. I also sent her an email as written confirmation. -- On Wednesday, XX/XX/XXXX I contacted loan originator 's boss via email to inform him of what all that I have detailed here in this complaint. He immediately called me and we discussed it all. He pulled up the loan application and informed me that it would have never gone through even with my son as a co-signer. -- Long story short, appraisal needed to be done so he says so I can't or won't be reimbursed. He asked who told me that I needed an inspector and I informed him that my realtor and I discussed it should be done since it was a 10 year old house. He therefore basically told me that was my decision so I had to take that lost as well. Then about the earnest money he says that it should have been given back to me because he has never heard the seller keeping that even after I told him that it went past the extension. While we were talking his wife was in the background voicing her concerns since she is a realtor. She even got on the phone to further tell me that I should have gotten my earnest money back. To end the conversation, the boss said that he would be talking to the loan originator and contacting the seller 's realtor to see about the earnest money and would get back to me. -- Today is XX/XX/XXXX and I still have not heard back from boss or loan originator to discuss any amount of reimbursement, if any. -- I will not let this matter rest and will go through all means necessary until I get ALL of my money back or even a portion of it. Like I had to inform the boss as well as loan originator, " Who has money ( {$1700.00} ) to waste on a house that they will never get to live in or enjoy? ''
06/02/2020 Yes
  • Mortgage
  • FHA mortgage
  • Applying for a mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage
  • SC
Web
( We have all correspondence, I just dont have it where I can attach it here on my phone ) We chose a lender, Anchor Mortgage, and sighed paperwork on XX/XX/XXXX. the first red flag is that after verbally asking him to send us a copy on multiple occasions, we never got a copy. On XX/XX/XXXX we ordered the inspection, inspection was clean and we had a closing scheduled for the XXXX of XXXX. On XX/XX/XXXX I contacted him to let him know the attorney was trying to reach him because they had not ordered title work. In the meantime I had reached out a few times by phone and left a message saying that we had yet to be charged by the appraiser for the appraisal and the listing agent had been asking us if we knew anything ( well, asking my wife as she is a newer XXXX and was XXXX us on the buyer side ). Each time he said he would look into it, but we never heard anything. Anchor Mortgage, has one employee that we ever met, XXXX XXXX. My wife chose him for our lender because she went to XXXX XXXX school with his wife and his wife said they were very good at helping people with less than perfect credit. XXXX did reach out to us around XXXX on the XXXX saying he just got the case number and the appraisal would follow and that the appraisal would probably be ordered Monday. We told him we appreciate it. ( I have all our email and text correspondence. ) He promised to update us later in the day. At this point we are discussing changing lenders because I just have a real uneasy feeling about this lender. So, my wife calls the listing agent to see if switching lenders would make the sellers nervous. She said absolutely not, go ahead. On the XXXX day of XXXX shortly before XXXX we texted XXXX and told him to hold off on doing anything with the loan. At this point he texted and asked us to call him to go over what the underwriting wanted. We did not call because we had already started working with a new lender. So it was XXXX when we said dont work on the loan. He did get back to us pretty quick and said, Well I have your conditional approval and the appraisal was ordered this morning. Do you have a minute to go over the approval? We did not reply. Today he texted : Everything has been cancelled 1. Appraisal 2. Title 3. Loan Approval 4. Rate lock at 2.875 Good luck We did not reply, but here is where it starts getting a little difficult and my wife is just sitting here in tears because she feels responsible for choosing this lender. Now, my wife was hospitalized a few years back and we got behind on bills. It is for this reason we felt compelled to use XXXX as my credit suffered quite a bit with some late house payments and unable to pay credits cards. She should not be crying but the lenders wife sent us an email that reads they are under no legal obligation to transfer a FHA number. After she sent that email she sent a second email to our new lender saying we shopped the loan with 6 different lenders, which is not true and quite pointless in my opinion as our lender can see on the credit report how many times it has been pulled. I have worked 27 years at the same XXXX to buy this forever home and this lender has taken what should be a joyful experience and turned it into something that has left us stressed worried. You know, Im not a lender but I know my score and he didnt have us locked in at 2. anything. Now, I dont know if you can do anything to help us get our FHA number, but please know this company was so bold as to send an email saying they didnt have to transfer our number. Please, if you cant help us, keep this letter on file so if anyone else is treated the way we have been treated you can make sure XXXX and his wife XXXX are held to some better standards. Thank you for your time. XXXX XXXX